This is just a list of my opinions from what I have experienced in the Santa Monica/Los Angeles area. If you disagree, tell me and give me a good reason why I’m wrong.
- In Los Angeles, no one jay walks. In NYC jay walking is an art that many people master within a few days of living there.
- People in New York are passive aggressive. People in LA are outright aggressive bitches. (Yes I’m talking to you, waitress at Cabo Cantina on the 3rd Street promenade who said, “So you aren’t going to tip me?” Honestly, it’s my choice whether or not to tip you, so shut up!)
- Nobody walks in LA. I don’t know why, but everything seems further here. In NYC I easily walk 9 miles per day. Here, that’s not a reality. And everyone says, “Do you have a car?”
- Bus vesus subway. MTA got it right, that’s all I’m saying.
- Breakfast. It’s always always bagels in New York. Californians! What do you people eat for breakfast?!
End of rant. PS I’m totally getting a bike.